How is your security? The following checklist illustrates the necessary aspects of security that must be addressed for a secure environment.
- Comply with and support your company’s safety and security program and regulations, and insist that others do the same.
- Protect wallets, keys, purses, and other personal valuables on the job. This especially includes smartphones and tablets.
- Challenge strangers in restricted areas. The best way to approach this is from a helpful perspective, such as “Can I help you?”
- Do not discuss company affairs off the job.
- When leaving the office, even for a short period of time, clean up and secure your work space, with special attention to confidential documents. Also provide for the protection of company equipment assigned to you.
- If you handle money as a part of your job, insist on positive identification before you cash checks, and refuse obviously counterfeit or questionable currency.
- If you work in a retail establishment or any other business, guard against shoplifting and employee theft within the frameworks of the law. To deter shoplifting, speak to all customers in your area. Be wary of bulky coats, large shopping bags, partially opened umbrellas, and folded newspapers. Know your company’s policy on dealing with shoplifters, and adhere to it.
- Make certain your employer has clear and adequate guidelines for handling complaints of sexual harassment.
- Retain security guards, because they provide a substantial deterrent to the criminal’s expectation of success.
Plan. Protect. Prosper.
Protus3 specializes in security system design, security consulting, corporate investigations and other investigative services. Partner with Protus3 and we will examine each situation to identify threats and develop solutions for your best outcome.