Keep a Clean Machine
A STOP.THINK.CONNECT. sub-campaign designed to help everyone understand the importance of protecting Internet-connected devices from malware and infections – especially malware that connects your devices with botnets.
Keeping your Internet-connected devices free from malware and infections makes the Internet safer for you and more secure for everyone.
The Keep a Clean Machine campaign is an ongoing effort to help everyone understand the importance of protecting Internet-connected devices from malware and infections – especially malware that connects your devices with botnets.
What Are Botnets?
- Botnets are networks of personal computers infected by malware and remote controlled by criminals. Botnets are used to send junk email (spam), attack websites and distribute more malware, among other things.
- The malware used by botnets can infect your computer, turning it into a “bot” or “zombie,” meaning your computer can become part of the botnet and help criminals do their dirty work.
- To learn more about botnets, visit Microsoft Security’s Botnet Page and read the “Botnets 101: Everything You Need To Know” blog from StopBadware and the National Cyber Security Alliance.
- Keep a Clean Machine
- Keep security software current
- Automate software updates
- Protect all devices that connect to the Internet
- Plug & scan
- Connect With Care
- When in doubt, throw it out
- Get savvy about WiFi hotspots
- If You Think You’re Infected
- Act quickly
For information on cyber security including detection, remediation and recovery visit here.
Plan. Protect. Prosper.
Protus3 specializes in security system design, security consulting, corporate investigations and other investigative services. Partner with Protus3 and we will examine each situation to identify threats and develop solutions for your best outcome.