Intellectual property theft and infringement can harm a company’s revenue and reputation – and can put a company out of business. Intellectual property theft typically takes place via external IT network intrusions or allowing remote access to unauthorized users. It can also be facilitated through current or former employees who have access to the data, either by willful cooperation or “social engineering.” When intellectual property theft occurs, it is critical to protect your company’s legal rights.
Our investigators bring specialized expertise in digital forensics. We will work closely with you and/or your legal team by capturing all of the essential evidence to build a strong case. Here are some key steps in our investigative process when a company suspects intellectual property theft:
- Finding the specific data that have been compromised
- Capturing and reviewing digital and non-digital evidence
- Searching online marketplaces to identify individuals engaging in intellectual property theft
- Identifying/addressing gaps in your security protocols that allowed the theft to occur
- Implementing new policies, procedures, and training to prevent future occurrences
Your intellectual property is the lifeblood of your business. Don’t wait for theft to occur. Give us a call today to set up a consultation to discuss how we can protect your company’s most valuable assets.
Put our experience to work for you
Call today to discuss how we protect your intellectual property from theft and infringement to safeguard your company’s hard-earned position in the marketplace.Contact Us