The Private Protective Services Board has voted to require 12 continuing education credits for any license renewing after January 2012. The purpose of the Private Protective Services Board is to administer the licensing, education and training requirements for persons, firms, associations and corporations engaged in private protective services within North Carolina.
To receive Continuing Education credit, a licensee must:
- attend a Board-approved Continuing Education course
- sign the PPSB Attendance Roster upon arrival at the training class site
- obtain a CE Attendance Certification from the instructor upon completion of the class
- attach the Attendance Certification to the license renewal form and submit it to the PPSB office when renewing the license.
In an effort to share the knowledge gained from years of security and investigative experience and to increase the professionalism of our industry, Risk Management Associates, Inc. has submitted eight courses for approval and addition to the list of Board-approved courses. These courses include:
- Compliance and Ethics taught by Jim Blackburn and Mike Epperly
- Surveillance 101 – Basic Skills, Techniques and Equipment Considerations for Planning and Conducting a Successful Surveillance taught by Marty Coolidge
- Computer Forensics for Investigators – Understanding a New Tool taught by Rusty Gilmore
- Interviewing and Detecting Deception taught by Don Rabon
- Legal Issues for Private Investigators taught by Mike Epperly
- Security Concepts and Elements of Physical Security taught by Billy Green, Darren Nix, and Mike Longmire
- Security Planning for Catastrophic Emergencies taught by Billy Green
- Executive Protection – Philosophy, Planning, and Operations taught by Billy Green, Stan Carroll, and Marty Coolidge
Upon approval by PPSB, these courses will be offered to all license holders beginning in spring 2011. Training will be offered in Raleigh, Wilmington, Winston-Salem, and other locations throughout North Carolina. Please contact us to learn more information and to register when classes are available.
Plan. Protect. Prosper.
Protus3 specializes in security system design, security consulting, corporate investigations and other investigative services. Partner with Protus3 and we will examine each situation to identify threats and develop solutions for your best outcome.