Darren Nix participated in a moderated panel discussion on Cyber Security as part of the North Carolina Technology Association’s Emerging Technologies & Trends Series. The Emerging Technologies & Trends Series is an interactive panel discussion that features member companies as subject matter experts. Held monthly, each event tackles topics that impact the technology industry in North Carolina. The goal of this discussion was to share perspectives on the cyber security risks and best practices to protect a company’s infrastructure. The individuals on the panel were:
- Elizabeth Johnson, Privacy and Information Security Attorney, Poyner & Spruill
- Giovanni Masucci, President & CEO, National Digital Forensics
- James Williams, Information Security Manager, RBC Bank
- Darren Nix, Senior Associate, Electronic Systems, Risk Management Associates
Topics addressed included:
- e-Business is growing and cyber crimes along with it. What do companies need to be aware of with cyber security?
- With 80-85% of today’s infrastructure is owned by the private sector, what can government do to help companies protect their networks?
- With the ever growing mobile workforce, that integrates their work and personal technology, who do you ensure your company’s information is secure?
- Social Media is growing exponentially and its business application is becoming more prevalent. What are the risks and how do you ensure your information is protected?
The North Carolina Technology Association‘s mission is Making North Carolina Number One in Technology and Technology Number One in North Carolina. The organization does this through three main focus areas: executive engagement, public affairs and knowledge workforce.
Plan. Protect. Prosper.
Protus3 specializes in security system design, security consulting, corporate investigations and other investigative services. Partner with Protus3 and we will examine each situation to identify threats and develop solutions for your best outcome.