Christine Peterson attended the Security Summit of the North Carolina Association of Independent Schools (NCAIS). As one of the school security experts, Chris helped lead crisis planning workshops in affinity groups as well as answered questions in a closing panel discussion.
The NCAIS Security Summit is a conference for Heads, Trustees, Plant and Facilities Directors, Communications Directors and all members of Crisis Planning Teams. It was held at Providence Day School in Charlotte, NC.
Crisis Management Best Practices presented by Kevin Earp, Director of Safety at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
Survive and Thrive: Simple Steps to Help You Communicate Well in Any Crisis presented by Jane Hulbert, Crisis Communications Consultant to NAIS, founder of The Jane Group and Myra McGovern, Senior Director of Public Information, NAIS
Affinity Group Session-Crisis Plan Workshop Facilitators
Kevin Earp, Director of Safety at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
Ron Faw, Account Executive, Honeywell Security
Jane Hulbert, Crisis Communications Consultant to NAIS, founder of The Jane Group
Myra McGovern, Senior Director of Public Information, NAIS
Bill Chamberlain, NC REP Training Officer for the NC Division of Emergency Management, NDPC SAA/SPOC
Patrick Fiel, National Campus Security Expert
Bud Cesena, Chief of Police for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Police Department
Christine Peterson, President of Risk Management Associates, Inc.
Steven Sloan, President and Senior Consultant at Sloan Consultants, Inc.
The mission of NCAIS is to support and strengthen the independent schools of North Carolina through:
- Communication among member schools;
- Promotion of the traditional freedom of independent schools;
- Support of accreditation and regular evaluation to stimulate continuous school improvement;
- Advocacy of independent education in the public domain;
- Cooperation with regional and national organizations (e.g. SACS, SAIS, NAIS);
- Sponsorship of professional development opportunities for teachers, administrators, trustees and other school personnel;
- Sponsorship of leadership, educational and cultural opportunities for students and parents.
Plan. Protect. Prosper.
Protus3 specializes in security system design, security consulting, corporate investigations and other investigative services. Partner with Protus3 and we will examine each situation to identify threats and develop solutions for your best outcome.