Hiring the right talent is no easy feat in today’s competitive marketplace. Candidates often falsify and omit information such as past jobs, address history, and academic credentials. Automated background checks do not always provide a reliable means of determining the truth.
Over the past decade, numerous companies have sprung up, offering nearly instantaneous “nationwide background check” services for a moderate fee. Background check reports that you can purchase from automated services are at best incomplete – and you might even end up looking at the wrong person’s records. Retrieving a comprehensive report of a candidate’s past history requires trained expertise and diligent work. While it may sound nice to think that you can instantly pull up a complete history on an applicant with a few clicks of the mouse, that’s not how it works in reality. This is why any report that you can retrieve “instantly” is – at best – incomplete.
Protus3 provides thorough and detailed background investigations – performing an individual search of every jurisdiction where an applicant has lived or worked. We know how to uncover what a potential employee may be attempting to hide from you. Our experienced team is familiar with the reporting requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Each report on a candidate includes only the information that is legal for employers to consider. This helps to protect you against claims of discrimination or unlawful hiring practices. Our team digs deep into the past history of every potential employee before you hire them.
- Verify all records directly at the original source
- Individually search every jurisdiction where an applicant has lived or worked
- Background check results reviewed by trained experts
- Submit records requests by phone, fax, or mail when required
- Uncover past addresses, jobs and other details that an applicant may be trying to hide
- Search multiple spellings of applicant names, known aliases, and previous names
- Compare dates of birth, Social Security numbers, and other qualifiers to verify identity
- Report only FCRA-compliant information
- Verify the truthfulness of academic claims (e.g. degrees earned)
- Review social media pages for contradictory or incriminating information
- Identify red flags in applicant social media feeds or profiles
- Conduct thorough due diligence on past employers and references to verify legitimacy
Hiring and screening the right people is too important to entrust to an “instant” background check process. Give us a call today to learn more about our Background Investigation services — and how our experienced team can help you safeguard the future of your company.